Gjoa development Project
The Gjoa field is located in the North Sea and involved a shallow water field development with semi-submersible, risers, umbilicals, rigid pipelines and subsea templates. It was Norway’s largest offshore development till that year and first project to have power from shore to reduce to emissions. The project involved complex interfaces, large deliveries, new suppliers and complex technical solutions.
- Management of riser delivery contract from tendering phase through installation
- Design, fabrication, integration testing and installation of subsea assets
- Management of risk and supervision register, change procedures and non-conformance reports
- Conduct design reviews, manufacturing readiness review, and HSE inspections
- Participate in HAZOP and carry out load out and offshore installation of flexible risers
- Execution of Risk mitigation and safety studies
Visund Nord Development Project
The development includes a semi-submersible integrated accommodation, drilling and processing platform with subsea wells. Visund Nord is an oil and gas field located north of existing Visund platform in the North Sea. Due to a gas leak at Visund Platform, an emergency shutdown procedure was enforced leading to hydrate formations in the pipeline and riser. During the hydrate removal operation, multiple burst holes were identified and the system was regarded not fit for purpose. The project scope was to replace the system and safely recover existing subsea infrastructure.
- Assessment of integrity of riser, pipeline and subsea structures prior to recovery operations
- Preparation of underwater inspection plan and evaluation of survey reports
- Management of concept and FEED study work
- Development of riser recovery procedure
- Modification of host platform to accommodate updated design conditions and revised riser loads