Industry: Marine Engineering
Improve the fuel consumption and energy efficiency by installation of suitable energy saving device (ESD) and verified by CFD analysis and calculations
The detailed scope of work involved following tasks:
- To evaluate the total resistance of vessel using CFD simulation and correlate with vessel’s sea trial or tank test data
- Evaluate correct gap in EEXI and CII values to meet future requirement of vessel
- Evaluate various options/combinations of ESD to get maximum impact on energy savings. Study may involve:
- Addition of duct around the propeller
- Fins on the hull for improved flow
- Bulbous Bow optimisation for reduced speed
- Trim Optimization
- Hull coating
- Estimate the fuel efficiency as per the optimised solutions of ESD.
- Provide the optimum solution to the client based on the findings.