Industry: Norwegian Operator
Asset: Gjoa Subsea Field Development
Location: Norwegian Continental Shelf
The Gjoa field is located in the North Sea and involved a shallow water field development with semi-submersible, flexible risers, umbilicals, rigid pipelines and subsea templates. It was Norway’s largest offshore development till 2010 and first project to have power from shore to reduce emissions. The project involved complex interfaces, large deliveries, new suppliers and complex technical solutions.
The work scope completed by Nobleseas Engineering team members:
- Tender evaluation, review of FEED studies and finalisation of riser delivery contract;
- Design, fabrication, integration testing and installation of subsea assets
- Management of risk and supervision register, change procedures and non-conformance reports
- Conduct design reviews, manufacturing readiness review, and HSE inspections
- Participate in HAZOP and carry out load out and offshore installation of flexible risers
- Execution of Risk mitigation and safety studies
- Overall execution of riser supply contract including interface management, risk & supervision management, 3rd party verification tasks and change management;
- Management of sub-contractors with regards to auditing and review of NCRs and documents;
- Act as client representative during Gjøa installation campaign on board Polar Queen vessel; and
- Station at riser manufacturing site in Kalundborg, Denmark during Gjøa riser manufacturing and testing.