Asset: Fixed Jacket Platform
Conduct rig and platform interaction study; confirm foundation stability and suitability of rig to operate at the platform location.
- The study scope involved following key tasks:
- Review of geotechnical data and metocean data.
- Perform the following checks to determine compliance with specified criteria:
- Overturning Stability
- Preload requirements
- Leg sliding
- Spudcan / foot print interaction
- Foundation bearing Check
- To check and confirm any interference of rig with the subsea pipelines
- Evaluation of scouring and mitigation plan
- Leg penetration analysis
- Low estimate and high estimate s of soil profile and soil displacement for 1 year, 10 year and 50 year storm condition
- Probability and risk of punch through assessment and mitigation assessment
- Recommendation for preloading management to manage penetration
- Leg extraction analysis
- Capture the details for leg design of rig and spudcan design with respect to leg extraction activity
- Analysis of required leg extraction force
- Estimated time for leg extraction
- Evaluation of jack up rig influence on the platform after the leg extraction
- Rig interaction with platform considering soil disturbance near the platform.
- In place and fatigue analysis for both the conditions during leg penetration and after withdrawal for the platforms
- To determine minimum distance at which rig can be placed
- Rig deployment suitability for 1,10 and 50 year storm conditions
- Maximum pile unity checks for different storm conditions (disturbed and undisturbed soil conditions)
- FEM analysis to study the effect of spudcan penetration on jacket pile.