Client: Australian Operator
Industry: Oil & Gas
Location: Van Gogh Fields - Australia
Conduct engineering analysis and assessment to assess the extension of operational life of producing FPSO followed up development of preliminary marked-up drawings and steel estimation for drydock campaign
Our scope of work was to
- Review the earlier completed assessment and screen for critical connections having Remaining Fatigue Life (RFL) less than the projected period of operation
- Derive structural modifications to improve RFL
- Validate and assess the modified end connections for both FDA Level 2 and Level 3
- Modify the structure to improve the RFL of failed connections demonstrate required fatigue life; and
- Provide an estimate of steel renewal warranted for FPSO hull life extension.
The study was conducted utilising Class tools, adhering to industry standards and regulatory guidelines, collaborating with classification societies, OEMs, and industry experts to ensure the utmost safety and compliance is not compromised.